Kayaking with the Sports Club
Hello Chapter! 🍁🚣
Sign up at: https://dsekt.se/647- 📝
A new fall semester is upon us. With it comes autumn and a colder climate. But before it gets too cold, and the water is still somewhat warm, the sports committee will arrange another day of kayak paddling! On the 9th of September, we will once again travel to Velamsund and take the water-bound vessels out for a spin. All members that sign up are welcome.🤽🌊
The plan is to meet up at 9:00 at the bus station at Slussen. From there, we will commute together to Kihls gård, walk the rest of the way, and arrive at the kayaking clubhouse around 10:00.
Depending on how many sign up, we will split up into groups of ~20 people and paddle one group at a time. We will have one morning and one afternoon session. There will be activities on land when the others are out paddling, and if you want to go for a run or hike trails out there, you are welcome to do so! 🏃♀️🏞️
For lunch, we will offer hotdogs 🌭 and waffles 🧇. There will also be fika ☕ and fruit 🍓 to eat during the day.
Schedule (might be subjected to change or delays):
- 9:00 AM - We meet at Slussen to commute to Velamsund.
- 10:00ish - We arrive at Velamsund. If you need to change, you can do that now. We will serve some bread 🍞, tea 🍵 and coffee ☕ now.
- 10:30ish - The first group starts kayaking.
- 10:30-12:30 One group is paddling. The other group will be doing whatever they feel like on land. We will bring frisbees 🥏, spikeball 🏐, brännboll ⚾, etc.
- 12:30 - Lunch. Hotdogs + potato salad, and waffles are served.
- 13:30-15:30 - The second group paddles.
- 15:30-17:30 - Free time. It is possible to paddle more or do other activities on land.
- 17:30-18:00 - Time to go home. If the weather is nice and people want to stay, we could probably stay longer. 🌅
IMPORTANT! You need to be able to swim to join the paddling. 🏊♂️
- Bring proper clothing 👕
- Something to paddle in. 🚣♀️
- A jacket to shield you from the cold 🧥
- Warm gloves when paddling this time of year might be nice 🧤
- Clothes for being active on land. 👟
- Change of clothes for after you paddled. 👕
- Towel, if you fall into the water or want to take a shower. 🛀
- The Chapter is not paying for the trip to and from the location of paddling. 🚗💰
Enjoy the event and have a great time! 😊🌊🚣♂️